97. Transitional provisions and commencement. —
(1) For the purposes of this Chapter, the term „notified date‟ refers to the date notified by the Central Government under sub-section (3) of section 1.
(2) The notified date shall be any date within twelve months from the date of enactment of this Act.
(3) The following provisions shall come into force on the notified date—
(a) Chapter X;
(b) Section 107; and
(c) Section 108.
(4) The Central Government shall, no later than three months from the notified date establish the Authority.
(5) The Authority, shall, no later than twelve months from the notified date, notify the grounds of processing personal data in respect of the activities listed in sub-section (2) of section 17.
(6) The Authority, shall, no later than twelve months from the notified date issue codes of practice on the following matters—
(a) notice under section 8;
(b) data quality under section 9;
(c) storage limitation under section 10;
(d) processing of personal data under Chapter III;
(e) processing of sensitive personal data under Chapter IV;
(f) security safeguards under section 31;
(g) research purposes under section 45;
(h) exercise of data principal rights under Chapter VI;
(i) methods of de-identification and anonymisation; and
(j) transparency and accountability measures under chapter VII.
(7) Section 40 shall come into force on such date as is notified by the Central Government for the purpose of that section.
(8) The remaining provisions of the Act shall come into force eighteen months from the notified date.